What is Red-y... A Promise to Purity?

I, along with some very close friends, have decided to make some commitments/promises to Purity and the many forms it can take. This blog is a tool which members, readers and participants can use to help with accountability, encouragement and asking questions. It is my desire to chronicle this journey's highs and lows... Failures and victories alike. I'd like to revisit these entries once goals are reached... And ultimately share the success stories with all who care to hear in hopes to inspire them as well.

The small group of us has decided to wear a red accessory as a physical reminder of our Promise to Purity. Many have chosen to do this to better serve, honor, and trust in God. We have decided our own Promises based on individual needs that include specific goal(s), time frame, and purposes. If you feel comfortable sharing, please include this information in your first entry.



"Love does not live alone"

Jeff

Friday, December 17, 2010

Temptation weekend!!!

Soooooooooo, this is the first weekend where I'll be in social environments ( had annual mtgs last weekend, so I was very preoccupied). I'm a solid 4... And a bit worried about my thoughts/Desires. I will be surrounding myself with friends who will encourage and support me throughput the weekend. My phone # has been changed to help with random temptations. Appreciating anyones thoughts this weekend... Thinking I should wear a red cape to serve as a constant reminder, hahaha. To others, I say... Stay 'Red-y'... For u will be tested soon! Have a great weekend..

3 comments:

  1. You can do it Jeff! Its all about keeping your eye on your long term goal. Short term gets you nowhere, right? Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, I just wanted to check in with you to see how you are holding up with your promise to purity. I heard about your blog and thought it was a great idea! I noticed that you haven't updated in a while, how are you doing?

    ReplyDelete